The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Mask | Review

Morning | Afternoon | Evening
As'Salaam'Wa'Alykum


Disclaimer: This whole blog itself isn't for those who may cringe when reading anything with grammatical errors. Sadly I suffer from Dysgraphia Dyslexia and there's nothing I can do about it. When I read things, they seem correct to me but really aren't. So best you stop here. 

My love for The Body Shop is growing as they grow. I honestly love their products, the ones that are only good for my skin. They are so versatile, they make products for each skin type. 

Now I am very big on my skincare routine, although I have pimples popping here and there, the reduction in my acne and skin has gone down by 80% at least since I changed my Skincare routine in 2010, this was using product from The Body Shop. Please remember we are all different, what works for me may not work for you. 

So when they released The Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask I was super excited because there was a hype about Indian Charcoal Masks which I didn't want to try because I am a bit skeptical to try and face mask. I rather not treat my skin than try other brands, because my skin is so use to TBS I rather not risk it. 




So I got it (Along with other ones too, which I will review!) and used it on the very first day. I've been using it since last summer, and it was so worth the investment.
It retails at £17, but as I personally used it once a week it lasted me till October. Then, purchased my 2nd one which is lasting me till today (05.02.2018) I bought a separate one for my trip to Bangladesh and left it with my husband (How weird writing that!) So imagine how worth it, it is. 

How I apply: 

- Once a week  
- Apply enough to cover, but not to light to dry quickly
- Let it dry for 20 minutes (Usually before I have a shower apply this) 
- Then when all dry, remove it with lukewarm water 
- Then apply The Body Shop Cleansing Polish and wash the face with cold water 



PRO's

- The Bamboo Charcoals from the Himalayan Hills is a key ingredient, this absorbs the minerals, toxins and other impurities from the skin 
-  Tea Tree oil from Kenya is like an antiseptic that treats the pimples and acne. I usually don't like Tea Tree, but when it's mixed with other ingredients I could hardly tell 
- Removes sebum and dead skin that gets build up in the pores (First mask I've come across that takes care of both) 
- Affordable for what you get and how long it lasts 
- After applying moisturizer (I use coconut oil) my skin feels and looks good 

CON's 

- It's not for all skin type especially NOT sensitive skin, my sister is sensitive skin and she got a bad heat reaction to this 
- Jar is bulky, I can't just pack it in my bag quickly 
- Dries your skin out, so apply more moisture than usual is required 
- The product itself dries out fast (Duh) so if you ever by mistake leave the lid open for more than 10mins, the product most likely to go dry 
- Glass jar, adds weight to my baggage allowance! 

Thank you for reading this Blog! Hope to bring more soon 








Comments

  1. The Charcoal Face Mask has a semi-thick consistency much like a glue (Fevicol for instance).
    The color Charcoal Face Mask
    is jet black which is obviously because of the charcoal in it. It's pretty sticky and so it's advisable to spread the cream on your face as soon as you get it out of the tube, otherwise things might get messy.





    The POSITIVE 3 in 1 Activated Charcoal (deep clean) Peel off mask sucks out all the germs, Charcoal Face Mask dirt & pollution particles giving you a DEEP CLEANSE treatment at home. This Charcoal Mask (Peel off) exfoliates your skin, eliminates dry, dead skin cells, excess oil (Sebum), whiteheads and blackheads off your skin.


    Detoxifies your Skin: POSITIVE 3 in 1 DEEP CLEAN Activated charcoal peel off mask for men & Women detoxifies the skin and makes it glow naturally. The ingredients present in the mask have antioxidant properties, which control the free radicals and clean the skin layers. The charcoal helps in purifying the pores and removing the dirt, Blackheads & whiteheads efficiently

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Highly Requested Post