Docklands Lounge - The 2Four4 Lounge | Review

Morning | Afternoon | Evening
As'Salaam'Wa'Alykum

Disclaimer: This whole blog itself isn't for those who may cringe when reading anything with grammatical errors. Sadly I suffer from Dysgraphia Dyslexia and there's nothing I can do about it. When I read things, they seem correct to me but really aren't. So best you stop here. 

I was invited to dine The 2Four4 Lounge inside Docklands Lodge which is based in Poplar. Yes Poplar, due to this Poplar has a beautiful hidden gem that is so underrated which I don't get why! 

I'd like to disclaim everything I say on the blog is always my opinion and I have an agreement with any third parties that I will give my opinion and my opinion only, sponsored or not. If it's really bad I don't bother doing any reviews on it, hence why I calmed down mentioning things because well it's just shame when I don't review it when it's crap 

So when one of the directors of Docklands Lodge called inviting to dine at the restaurant  I'll be honest I expected a typical East London restaurant  This is just an automatic perception when going to a place in East London... Bad I know but it happens.


I took Holiday Baggage with me which an online travel blogger but only via Instagram. She came and picked me up from my house and we made our way, we did leave at rush hour traffic but it was cool. 

When we went, they had a cute sign up saying "Reserved for Sheuly Ruma Begum" Lol, yes my middle name was spelt wrong but it happens! I saw they had this for most of the guests who reserved  which is nice because gives it a personal touch to it that the place will be looking after them well 



The menu didn't have a lot of options, so if you are a person who likes lots of options, you won't find this here! But I personally am not bothered with how much items they have as long as it's a variety. Which it was. 

I am allergic to anything seafood, first I thought maybe just fish, but even prawns. My tounge swells up and stuff so I had to stay away from the seafood stuff and order either veggie or meat. Urm chose meat of course!! 

Here is what I and Holiday Baggage got: 

Starters: 


Holiday Baggage: Pan Seared Scallops & King Prawns served with silk smooth celereiac purée & white fish sauce, crispy concasse, a drizzle of balsamic & micro cress


Me: Grilled Goat Cheese on toasted brioche caramelised onion chutney & mixed baby salad, balsamic and beetroot purée


Mains: 

Holiday Baggage (Top): 10 oz Sirloin steak, sautéed french green beans, red onions, Portobello mushrooms, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, served with chips & peppercorn sauce 

Me(Bottom) : Grilled Chicken Supreme, garlic mashed potatoes, blanched & buttered mange tout, asparagus & jus

I'm just going to jump right into the PRO's + CON's 

PRO's: 
- In the heart of East London 
- Decor is beautiful, makes you in awe as it's in between modern yet elegantly sophisticated 
- Presentation is spot on
- Food is 9/10 
- Chef Nadir Zaki has a good eye for detail, he literally makes it taste what you see what wathcing a food advert! 
- Portion was perfect 
- Staff are friendly 
- Price is reasonable for 'Fine Dining' 
- Halal 

CON's 
- It takes too long, this was something I was mentally prepared for by other reviews and also the owner himself. For instance, I got my starters and waited around 10mins for HB's one to come. 
- Very small space, due to that tables were so close by I literally heard the group sitting across me talking about other places he wants to eat at. This is a con for me because I personally don't like my neighbour listening to my conversation  



But honestly guys except for that it was really good, although we waited it was worth it. We were so full and the portions were good amount that we didn't get dessert. I'd highly recommend anyone to go and check it out. 

Overall I'd rate it 8/10. The reason for the 2 points down is because of the length of food being served because truth be told it can be annoying especially if you plan to do other stuff. But food is AMAZING and I can tell management would rather have good food then rushed food but tasteless. 



I hope you liked this review and thank you Docklands Lodge - The 2Four4 Lounge inviting me over, I'd definitely come over again especially if there is Afternoon Tea :) 

The 2Four4 Lounge Details: 
Address: 244 Poplar High Street, London, E14 0BB 

Do let them know you heard or went due to this review if you do go! 








Comments

Highly Requested Post