Hanbury Manor Park | Review

Morning | Afternoon | Evening
As'Salaam'Wa'Alykum

Disclaimer: This whole blog itself aren't for those who may cringe when reading anything with grammatical errors. Sadly I suffer from Dysgraphia Dyslexia and there's nothing I can do about it. When I read things, they seem correct to me but really aren't. So best you stop here. 







If ya'll know me you know I am a Spa hunter and Afternoon Tea lover. I honestly love Afternoon Tea, don't know why. Maybe I was suppose to be born in the 1970's when it was so exquisite. Funnily enough I never get tea as I hate any tea but Bangladeshi tea... 


So we finally did a Spa Day with Afternoon Tea.

I found Hanbury Manor Park after searching weeks for a place. It's a beautiful 5* luxury hotel located in Ware (Hertfordshire) It's not far from the station either, we took uBer (From Ware Station) and it was a 5min drive. The manor is in the middle of 200 acre of immaculate landscape and the building built in Jacobean style in red brick with blue brick reticulation and stone mullion windows, which gives this whole 'Downton Abbey' (Minus the coloured bricks of course) feel to it. It was originally a family home for the "Hanbury Family" (Bloody lucky gits!), then a boarding school and now a hotel owned by Marriott Hotel who extended it more for the Spa + Golf course. 








We got the Afternoon Tea Spa package which included: Usage of Spa Facilities, 25min Massage and ending it with a Luxurious Traditional Afternoon Tea.

We arrived at Ware around 12pm, we wanted to get there before 12.30pm. We got into our Burkini's (The con side) and probably spend 15mins laughing at each other with the head cap on. We looked like Olympic swimmers, well Habeeb did.

We started of with Jacuzzi and luckily we did because I think Naz broke it, because maintenance men came in straight after we got out. Then we went steam room, not a good idea to wear the Burkini and go in, proper tighten the skin so luckily as it was dark we all went into robes/towels and stayed there for 30mins. It was piping hot for me so I did a sneaky 5min break outside. It really did open pores and exfoliate my face and body. You need to make sure you scrub it after the steam room, you maybe clean but when those pores open up inside body dirt starts coming out. 


I then just quickly went into the shower and did a 2min dip, then went in the pool for swimming. After that it was time for our massages and luckily we got the same time slots rather than differently. I had Kate (Highly recommend her) She was so amazing. She untied the knots so gracefully but with firm pressure. She asked what areas and I told her my right side and she did just that. The spa music always reminds me of my toes dipped in crystal clear sand with the sound of the clear blue oceans waving through. 


You should've seen our faces when we came out, we had this "omg" look. After Orchid Retreat (London Spa) and The Westin (Dhaka Spa) this has been my best place. 

We then got ready and dressed posh as they have asked for formal attire for our Afternoon Tea. This was based in the Oak Hall, where I felt like I was in Harry Potters Hogwarts, the chandeliers falling down, libary books at the back, big oak wood (glossy) stairs and fancy Edwardian arm chairs. We got placed near the fire place and ordered our stuff. I like to get hot chocolate, don't know why but can't have British tea, I loved Bangladeshi tea only. 




Call me weird but I honestly just like to spend 5min to take photo's. I do like sharing little snippets but I don't like it to be all about photo's, what some people do. I want to actually enjoy it. So if you followed me on Snapchat you got little bit of the taste, but if you want true taste then you will need to experience it yourself. 

So here with my usual blog review I have laid out PRO's and CON's. Please note I am not comparing it to other spa places just with what I paid for and expected 

A lot of you lot asked me questions on SC and IG so hopefully this answers it 

PRO's:

- Spa + Afternoon Tea Package was affordable £70 Per Person 
- Located in the middle of no 'ware' (Get it?) So it's pretty secluded 
- Quite on Thursday's (The day we went) 
- Has a luxurious  feel to it. If you don't treat yourself usually this will be a great place to go to. 
- Female masseuse only 
- Steam room Women's Only 
- Unlimited Afternoon Tea Refills 
- Free Wifi. This is good as network is a con point, but with Whatsapp calling it's easy to call people. But the Spa area did have low connection. 

CON's: 

- Not ladies only 
- You can't hire it out for yourself. But if you ask them for non-busy time most likely to get it to yourself like we did. 
- The lighting in the Changing Rooms is not great so when getting ready it's a bit difficult 
- It's quite of a maze indoors, and if the Asembley hall is booked to get to the spa is literally a detour 
- Network is bad, so for emergency phone calls well you will need to get out of the building 


I just want to lay out our timetable for those it may help as well I'm an organised freak 

Our Day Plan: 

12pm Arrival + get ready
-12.30pm Start using the spa 
2pm Spa Treatments 
2.30pm We started getting ready (Putting on makeup and stuff) 
3.30pm Our Afternoon Tea slot as the last entry is 4pm so book it just before. They will still allow you to be there and enjoy it, but after 4pmno entry. 
5pm Finish Afternoon Tea + go out for a stroll around the manor. It's breathtaking. 
- If travelling by public transport then find out train times and call a taxi 15mins prior 
- If by car then do enjoy as much as you can before you have to head back home 




I hope you lot liked this review. Trust me photo's will never do justice to what the eye envisions. If you are married and live with in-laws this will be a nice place to get away with the Husband. Girls if you want a ladies day out, go on a weekday and book the spa treatment for 2/3pm because that's the time the pool and jacuzzi gets busy. 






Comments

Highly Requested Post